|Some bees with chained together legs|
Then I was looking at pictures from the inspection several days later when I noticed something that sent thrills and chills down my spine. On this picture of the comb we had cut and pasted from the lid to a frame I spotted eggs. I had zoomed in as far as I could to try and see what they had been storing in the cells when I noticed them. I'm not surprised I missed them on the inspection they where translucent white on translucent white but I noticed them all the same. As thrilled as I was to learn I had a laying queen 5 days after package install I was even more concerned I had manhandled the queen when I brushed off that comb and also worried I had somehow damaged the eggs that were there by keeping them out of the hive too ling while we tried to figure out how to attach the comb to a frame. Crossing my fingers I didn't muck it all up!
|If you look hard into the cells you can see the three lines of the comb on the other side coming together. In the center of those 3 lines you can see a smaller incomplete white line appearing to go in the other direction...egg|